In the triathlon and running communities, you often hear the term “weekend warrior” referring to someone who can’t get much training in during the week and tries to cram it all into the weekend. I feel like a weekend warrior farmer. I need my own name for it. I’ll go with Friday Farmer for now, since Friday is my day off and the day I try to get a lot of my farming chores done.
So, what’s on my list today?
- dig up potatoes
- plant squash and pumpkins
- trellis cucumbers in aquaponics grow bed
- pick blueberries and cherries
- freeze blueberries
- make cherry syrup
- start seeds for fall crops
- clean out warm bins under rabbits
- visit the community garden plot I manage for the church
- gather stones to create a sun catch or the front yard
- add pea gravel to aquaponics grow bed